Home > Zhuhai Fabrication Yard >
The COOEC-Fluor fabrication yard is designed to take on the most challenging project requirements.
The COOEC-Fluor fabrication yard is one of the world’s largest at over 2 million square meters and can accommodate fabrication of modules weighing more than 50,000 metric tons.
Highlights of the fabrication yard’s design and construction include:
- Specifically designed for efficient fabrication of large, modularized facilities, workflow starts at the back of the yard and moves toward the quayside. Items move with the direction of the work, reducing transportation requirements.
- Ground was broken in 2012, with first load-out in 2015.
- The fabrication yard is being developed in stages.
- Phases I and II are complete, optimizing material flow and load-out.
- Phase III is scheduled to start later in 2016, rounding out the yard’s service offerings.
- Build-out is expected to be completed in 2019 with a planned capacity of up to 380,000 metric tons per year. Current capacity is 150,000 metric tons per year.
- The goal is to set the new standard for delivery certainty of offshore and onshore fabricated projects, delivering the budget, schedule, quality and safety results Clients expect.